Show Sidebar

How Hemp Extract Oil Can Improve Your Sleep

by Zero Mind on
Zero Mind How Hemp Extract Can Improve Your Sleep


How Hemp Extract Oil Can Improve Your Sleep

What causes problematic sleeping routines, and what are the effects of this?

Lack of sleep, or insomnia, can be a debilitating experience, with many turning to prescription sleep aids for relief. Over time, sleeping pills run the risk of becoming addictive and harmful to your health, which can only worsen the situation.

When sleep deprivation becomes a regular occurrence, it can wreak havoc on the body, affecting many of your major systems and damaging your overall health. Initial research into hemp extract oil shows that it holds great potential in promoting a healthy amount of sleep to wake up feeling fully restored.

Disrupted sleeping habits can manifest from several common reasons, including your environmental factors, lifestyle choices, and your mental health. One of the leading causes of lack of sleep is stress. When you are stressed out, the stress hormone cortisol is extremely high, making it increasingly difficult to fall asleep, stay asleep, and even wake up in the morning. If you have been missing out on enough rest, hemp extract oil may just be the perfect new addition to your sleeping routine.

How does Hemp Extract Oil assist with sleep?

Numerous studies have presented us with the promising facts that hemp extract oil can mitigate stress and stabilise sleeping patterns. Hemp extract oil’s main role is to foster a healthy and balanced endocannabinoid system, an intricate network within the body, which is responsible for several crucial processes, including your sleep-wake cycle. By stimulating serotonin receptors in the brain, hemp extract oil has the innate capacity to support a sound and restful sleep.

Hemp extract oil is also favoured for its ability to stabilise and prolong sleep cycles, which follows a pattern of alternating between REM and NREM sleep. 25% of our sleep is REM sleep, the stage in which eye movements become rapid and the brain looks like how it does during waking hours. The other 75% of sleep, known as NREM, is essential for memory, hormone release, and cell production and repair. A lack of NREM sleep can be extremely detrimental to your health, both in the short-term and the long-term. Hemp extract oil has been shown to prolong the third phase of NREM sleep, the crucial period in which we experience the deepest and most restorative sleep.

During this key phase, your blood pressure drops, the blood supply to your muscles increases, tissue growth and repair occurs, and vital hormones are released. Hemp extract oil is also able to activate the CB1 receptor, one of the main components in the endocannabinoid system, to improve the stability of NREM sleep. This is because hemp extract oil increases the availability of the body’s own endocannabinoids, which are responsible for stimulating these receptors.

Rather than increasing sleepiness immediately upon consumption like what is found in other sleep aids, hemp extract oil can also help to increase alertness, boost wakefulness, and reduce sleepiness throughout the day.

When should you take Hemp Extract Oil for an improved sleeping routine?

Most hemp extract oil products are manufactured with a daily dose suggestion; however, many first-time users find it useful to experiment with serving sizes to discover what best aligns with their individual diet, weight, and body chemistry. You can put this to the test by splitting the recommended dosage to take both in the morning and the evening or experimenting with taking one full dose in the morning and another in the evening. If you are taking other prescription medications, remember to discuss your plans with your doctor first before starting a new remedial routine.

Cart cart 0
You have successfully subscribed!